Applies arithmetic to a variety of problems found in the business field, including simple and compound interest, annuities, payroll preparation, pricing, invoice preparation, trade discounts, taxes, and depreciation. Scientific calculator required. Prerequisites: MTH 20 and (RD 80 or ESOL 250). Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates||Materials|
|25383||Web||—||—||03-Apr-2017 thru 17-Jun-2017||Textbooks for CRN 25383|
Instructor: Dennis Reynolds
Notes: CRN 25383 - MyMathLab REQUIRED.
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact the department at 971-722-7695 (Co-Chair) or 971-722-7691 (Co-Chair) or 971-722-7696 (Office).
Course details: CRN 25383
- Number of exams or activities will be proctored: Two
- Your instructor proctored session(s) will be held: Monday, May 8 and Wednesday, June 14, 2017 from 3:00 - 4:50 p.m. at the Rock Creek Campus, Room TBA.
- Alternatives will be offered for students who cannot attend the instructor proctored session:
- Testing centers at other colleges
- Other: Contact instructor
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Distance Education technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
Online publisher materials
MyMathLab is a required component of the course. Access codes are available from the textbook or from www..mymathlab.com.
The CourseID will be provided on the first day of class.
Proctored exams and activities:
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
1. Scientific or business calculator.
2. Wordprocessor choice of MS Word, LibreOffice, or OpenOffice