Covers appropriate drug uses, effects, dangers, and precautions; routes of administration. Reviews common prescription abbreviations, forms of medications and basic drug categories. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The book required is: Essentials of Pharmacology for Health Professions 7th edition by Ruth Woodrow, Bruce J Colbert, and David M Smith. ISBN: 978-1-285-07788-8. There is access to online videos from the publisher should you purchase a new book. The book does have a student study guide that can be purchased for an addtional cost, but that is OPTIONAL for the student.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|WEB »||20772||-||30-Mar-2015 thru 13-Jun-2015|
Instructor: Judy L Osswald
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade