Basic theories, research and principles of physical, cognitive, language, social and emotional development of children from the prenatal period through adolescence. Includes observation and classroom processes. Prerequisite: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- As this course covers child development, students will need to have periodic access to children of varying ages. Access requirements are quite flexible. You can observe or interview your own children, children of friends, relatives, co-workers or neighbors.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- Required Textbook: Cook, J. L., & Cook, G. (2010). The World of Children (3rd ed.). San Francisco, CA: Pearson.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|46319 WEB »||-||26-Sep-2016 thru 17-Dec-2016|
Instructor: Andrew S Garland-Forshee
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Sylvania