Introduces Adobe InDesign, a desktop publishing software, to design and create effective publications such as announcements, fliers, advertisements, and reports. Covers the processes to create, import, and manipulate text and/or graphics through use of software features. Recommended: Placement into RD 115 and WR 115 and prior knowledge and use of Windows technology and CAS 216. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to CAS 232, Desktop Publishing: InDesign. You must log in to the course and complete the first required assignment by Wednesday, June 22, 2016 to maintain your enrollment in the course. The instructions for this assignment are found in Course Information page once you log in. If you do not complete this assignment, your instructor will assign an NS grade on Friday, June 24 and you will be dropped from the course. If you have not taken an online course using Desire2Learn before, I highly recommend that you take the time to go to the PCC Distance Learning site and go through the orientation before the course starts. This will help avoid any issues in the first week of the course relating to navigating within Desire2Learn. If you have any questions, please contact Sherie Guess, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The book we will be using is Adobe InDesign Revealed, Creative Cloud ISBN: 9781305262492 Author: Chris Botello (CENGAGE Learning, Publishing). You will need access to the InDesign software and this can be obtained with a Creative Cloud subscription from Adobe. If you need additional access to InDesign, use the Student Computing Center at Cascade, Rock Creek, or Sylvania campus as an option.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|32326 WEB »||-||20-Jun-2016 thru 17-Aug-2016|
Instructor: Sherie Guess
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Southeast