Includes the application of ICD-9-CM/PCS and ICD-10-CM/PCS skills and knowledge acquired in HIM 273. Uses case-summary coding exercises for enhanced learning. Corequisite: HIM 273. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- This class is only open to students admitted to the HIM program. See http://www.pcc.edu/him for admission information. Students must have taken HIM270 during fall term and must be taking HIM273 along with this class winter term.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- The textbook used will be 'A Guided Approach to Intermediate and Advanced Coding' by Jennifer Lame and Glenna Young. It is published by Pearson. We will start the class with optional reading from chapters 1 and 2. Then we will complete coding assignments from Chapters 3, 4 and 5. We will code ICD-10-CM only in chapters 3 and 4 since you have not learned CPT yet. You must have the ICD-10-CM code book you used in HIM270 as well. For coding ICD-10-PCS (chapter 5) you can use either a code book or the electronic files from CMS.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|13010 WEB »||-||04-Jan-2016 thru 19-Mar-2016|
Instructor: Bonnie M Altus
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Cascade