Introduces the server-side scripting language, PHP, and its use in the development of websites. Includes web server, PHP and MySQL database installation, scripting, techniques, database manipulation, user authentication, tracking and session management and e-commerce techniques. Prerequisite: CIS 122 or CAS 225. Audit available (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates||Materials|
|25333||Web||—||—||02-Apr-2018 thru 16-Jun-2018||Textbooks for CRN 25333 $0|
Instructor: Jennifer L Sullivan
Tuition: credit Fees: $32.00
For information, contact the department at 971-722-4287 or 971-722-4393.
Course details: CRN 25333
- Browser: Either Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. I mostly use Chrome.
- XAMPP (portable version of Apache web server, MySQL database, and PHP).
- An Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for PHP. PHPStorm is used for the lab walkthrough videos.
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Distance Education technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
No textbooks required.
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
You can use either a Windows PC or a Mac for this class. If you are on a solely Linux computer without a Windows or Mac alternative, the instructions may work for most Linux operating systems, but before making alterations to files, be advised to check your specific Linux OS instructions.
I strongly recommend using a Windows or Mac computer for this class.
All of the software we will use is free to download from the web. The only problem for Mac users is that I have very little experience using a Mac, so I probably will not be able to trouble-shoot Mac-related problems. However, there are almost always other Mac users in the class who can help if something like that should arise. The same applies to Linux. I have very little experience with Linux.
We will use three main programs in this class:
Welcome to the CIS 195P - PHP Web Development I for Spring term 2018.
Introduces student to the server-side scripting language, PHP, and its use in the development of Web sites. Topics include web server, PHP and MySQL database installation, scripting, techniques, database manipulation, user authentication, tracking and session management and e-Commerce techniques.
There is no required textbook for the course. Audit available. Prerequisite: CIS 122