Explores the religions of Asia, including Hinduism, Buddhism, Daoism, Confucianism, and Shinto. Includes readings of sacred texts and scholarly literature. Focuses on the founders and history, myths and doctrines, rituals and traditions, and social and personal ethics for each tradition. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115 and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
Distance Education: Web Course Information
- From the Instructor:
- Welcome to the exploration of religions in Asia. Your instructor is Martha Bailey. Martha has taught both Asian Philosophy and Asian Religions, and is incoming chair of the Asian Studies Committee.
- Course Specific Requirements:
- There are no materials to buy for this class. All materials will come from the PCC Library collections, and are fully accessible online. The first week activities for this class must be completed by the end of the day on Friday, June 24, in order not to be dropped from the class. You will be given the option to do some in-person exploration of religious locations, but you can complete the class successfully without ever doing so.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the Technical Requirements for this delivery mode.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learners:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learners. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- To find textbooks, you need the CRN, Campus, Term & Course Number (ex. BA101).
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|34386 WEB »||-||20-Jun-2016 thru 03-Sep-2016|
Instructor: Martha J Bailey
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact Rock Creek