Introduces basic elements of website creation using Adobe Dreamweaver. Includes web terminology, basic HTML, uploading pages to a server (FTP), site management, tables, layout, stylesheets (CSS), rollovers, optimizing graphics, and accessibility. Recommended: CAS 110 and CAS 133 or equivalent file management and word processing experience; placement into RD 115 and WR 115. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates||Materials|
|20351||Web||—||—||02-Apr-2018 thru 16-Jun-2018||Textbooks for CRN 20351|
Instructor: Arthur Schneider
Notes: Dreamweaver CC 2018
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact the department at 971-722-4393 or 971-722-4287.
Course details: CRN 20351
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Distance Education technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
This course is written for Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2018. Adobe CC 2017 will also be fine for this class. All students must have access to the Dreamweaver software for completion of class assignments - either by purchasing it (subscribing) for your personal computer, or making time to visit the PCC computer lab to complete your assignments. Please be aware that the Dreamweaver software does not come with the textbook. The Dreamwearver "trial" edition from the Adobe website is only valid for 7 days.
Hello and welcome to the CAS 111D - Beginning Dreamweaver class.
This course covers the same material as the traditional face-to-face CAS 111D class held on campus. The only difference is that lectures, assignments, on-going discussions, and quizzes will be online within our D2L course home page.
In order to be successful in this class you should have a strong understanding of managing and organizing folders and files. You should also be familiar with using a computer and word processing skills in particular. If you do not have a working knowledge of these skills, we strongly recommend you take CAS 133 before taking this class. We also recommend that you take the following graphics editing class either before or at the same time: CAS 110.
This online class can be an exciting way to learn but there are requirements. This is not a self-paced class. There are specific assignments and due dates. You must log-in several times each week and be prepared to be an active participant.
If you have any questions, please email the instructor.