Introduces basic concepts of creating simple web pages with HTML. Develops knowledge of working with HTML tags using a text editor, and file transfer Protocol (FTP) using an FTP application. Recommended: Placement into RD 115 and WR 115; CAS 103 or CAS 133 or equivalent file management experience. Note: Students pursuing a web certificate or degree should take CAS 206 or CAS 111D instead. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide ).
- To register, you need the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes.
- Please note that for many courses, additional fees may apply.
- Materials are textbooks and other resources for a class. Click the textbooks to see which textbooks you'll need for that class.
|CRN||Campus / Bldg / Rm||Time||Days||Dates|
|10522||Web||—||—||09-Jan-2017 thru 25-Mar-2017|
Instructor: Mark Terui
Notes: HTML5 Log into class & send msg by 1/11 or may be denied
Tuition: credit Fees: $20.00
For information, contact the department at 971-722-4393 or 971-722-4287.
Course details: CRN 10522
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Distance Education technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities in taking Web based distance learning classes please visit the Office for Students with Disabilities website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
- Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes. To learn more, go to http://www.pcc.edu/osg
No textbooks required.
Proctored exams and activities:
There are no proctored exams and activities.
Other in-person and on-campus activities:
There are no other in-person and on-campus activities.
We will be using the following software: a FTP application (preferably FileZilla) and a text editor such as Notepad (Windows) or TextWrangler (Mac).
This is a fully online course, so we do not ever meet on any campus. No textbook is required for this course. This course is specifically designed for anyone taking an online class for the first time and for people who have never created a web page or used HTML. I do not accept late registrations after Wednesday of the first week of the term.