ABE0787 Foundations of Math 2
Covers rational numbers (fractions, percents, decimals, ratio, and proportion), pre-algebra, algebra, statistics, geometry and measurements. Includes applications involving whole numbers, decimals and fractions. Recommended: Placement into RD 80 or higher or CASAS Reading score of 221 or higher and CASAS Math score of 221 or higher.
- Write down the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes to register.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||More info||Sign up|
|44106||OMI Remote||MWMonday and Wednesday|
from 6 to 8:50pm
From September 27 through December 15, 2021
|Instructor: Dawn L Hagopian|
Tuition: $0 Fees: $78.80
Notes: Class based out of OMIC training center in Scappoose.
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.
Course details: CRN 44106
No textbooks required
Hello and Welcome, my name is Dawn Hagopian, I will be the instructor for this ABE/GED course. I appreciate your commitment to completing your GED or refreshing skill sets for employment or retirement. I believe that we all learn differently, at a pace defined by the learner, and in our own way. I am committed to your success. Please ask if you have a need, question, comment, or concern. We are a collaborative class and each student is important to the success of the class. Below are some course details.
All of your course materials and weekly lessons will be available in D2L, PCC's online learning system. Please plan for around 3 hours a week to complete the course work.
We will have weekly live class sessions on Monday's and Wednesday's. The live class sessions will cover the materials and lessons available to you on D2L. If you are unable to attend a class session, they will be recorded and will be available for you to review. I know that flexibility is important to students during this time of remote learning.
Detailed Weekly Schedule:
We will have two live class sessions each week.
Class sessions will be held on Monday's and Wednesday's
6:00 pm - 7:50 pm Foundations of Math 2 GED Prep. - live class discussion (Google Hangouts link will be emailed)
8:00 - 8:50 pm Science GED Prep. - live class discussion (Google Hangouts link will be emailed)
You can access our D2L class by logging into your my.pcc account. From the home tab, look for the quick links box on the left side. Under PCC sites, you will see a link to D2L. Once you are there, you will click on the ABE-0791-33641.
Remote learning might be a new experience for many of you. I will work with each of you to make sure you learn how to use the technology required for this class. My job will be to support your academic growth as you work toward your goals.
I'm really looking forward to working and learning with you during Fall Term 2021. If you have any questions about the class, please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org. I'm here to help!
Mathmatical Skills Covered in Foundations of Math 2 GED Math Prep
- Rounding and Estimation
- Order of Operations Basics
- What Are Integers, Prime Numbers, and Rational Numbers
- How to Factor
Fractions and Decimals
- Fractions, Decimals, and Percentages
- Basics of Fractions
- How to Multiply Fractions
- Dividing Fractions
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions
- Adding and Subtracting Decimals
- Multiplying Decimals
- Ordering Fractions and Decimals
- Fractions Vocabulary
- How to do Ratios
- Unit rates and Unit prices
- How to Find LCM
- How to Find GCF
- Square roots
- Rules of Exponents
- Order of Operations with exponents
- Language of Algebra
- Mean, median, and mode
- Range and Midrange
- Statistics Vocabulary
- Perimeter and Area
- Perimeter and Area of Rectangles
- Area and Perimeter of a Triangle
- How to Find Area and Circumference of a Circle
- How to Find Volume of 3D Geometric Shapes
- The Pythagorean Theorem
- Combining like terms
- Simplifying Algebraic Expressions
- Equation and Solution of an equation
- Equivalent Equations
- Operations that Produce Equivalent Equations
- Solving Equations by multiplying and dividing
- Equations and Word Problems
- Commutative Property of Addition and Multiplication
- Associative Property of Addition and Multiplication
- Distributive Property of Multiplication and Addition
Science Skills Covered in Foundations of Math 2 GED Math Prep
- Cell Theory
- The Top Four Kingdoms
- Food Chain
- Organ Systems
- What is Inheritance?
- Patterns of Inheritance
- Punnett Square
- What is an Atom
- States of Matter
- Work, Heat, and Energy
- Precision and Accuracy
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.