Introduces the creation of graphics for use on websites using industry-standard graphics editing software. Includes creating vector-based and pixel-based graphics, optimizing images for websites, selecting appropriate image file formats, and performing basic photo editing. Recommended: placement into RD 115 and WR 115. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
From October 12 through November 15, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 43519
Gwyn J Booth
Tuition: credit Fees: $20
Notes: Starts 4th week of term; Uses open source software -- GIMP
For information, contact the department at 971-722-5145 or 971-722-5695 or 971-722-5116.
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.
Course details: CRN 43519
No textbooks required
This course introduces web graphics using open source software - GIMP and INKSCAPE. These are free programs and students will receive instructions on how to download and install these programs during the first week of the term. There is no required textbook for the course, but students will be required to subscribe to lynda.com (linkedinlearning), an online learning platform. Instructions will be provided to students on how to subscribe once the term begins.
This class is a 5-week class that starts October 12. Registered students MUST CHECK-IN ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE CLASS, or you may be dropped from the course. This course will be using Desire2Learn, our Learning Management Software at PCC that is used to deliver online courses. To login to your course and checkin with the instructor, please go to: https://my.pcc.edu and click on the Desire2Learn login link on the left of your MyPCC homepage.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg