ABE0791 Adv Integrated RD and WR
Integrates reading and writing skills to enhance critical thinking, analysis, and synthesis of information for understanding and effective communication. Requirement: CASAS reading placement 235 or higher.
- Write down the CRNs (ex. 22398) of your selected classes to register.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||More info||Sign up|
|41407||CA Remote||MWMonday and Wednesday|
from 9 to 11:50am
From September 27 through December 15, 2021
|Instructor: Amy S Boehnke|
Tuition: $0 Fees: $78.80
Notes: Reading, Writing, Social Studies
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.
Course details: CRN 41407
No textbooks required
Open educational resources (OER)
The following free or inexpensive materials are used for this course:
There is no additional technology required for this class.
Welcome to Fall Term! I'm really looking forward to working and learning with you this term. If you have any questions about the class, please email me: email@example.com I'm here to help! In addition, here's my PCC webpage with some more information and resources: https://www.pcc.edu/staff/amy-boehnke/
Here's some information about the class:
Where to Access Lessons and Assignments:
- Course materials, weekly lessons, and assignments will be available in D2L Brightspace, PCC's online learning system.
- Please plan for at least 6 hours a week to complete the course work. We will work on some of the material together during Zoom class, and you will need to complete some of the assignments on your own. I invite you to join me early before class and if you would like more support and time to work together.
When we will meet:
- Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:00-11:50.
- Live classes will cover the materials and lessons available to you in D2L. If you are unable to attend a live class session, you can review the class recording.
- Optional: Mondays and Wednesdays before class from 9:00-10:00 for tutoring and additional support
How we will meet:
- We will use Zoom to meet, available through D2L Online Rooms
- Class Recordings will be available in D2L Online Rooms
Support for Remote Learning:
- Remote learning might be a new experience for you. I will help you to learn the technology tools this term.
- You can also contact the Student Help Desk for any technology questions you have:
Student Help Desk
- ABE Remote Tutoring: we have multiple tutoring options that I will share with you.
- Financial support:
- free GED Ready Practice Tests
- GED Testing ScholarshipsThe $800 GED College Tuition Scholarship.
- I will provide more information about eligibility for these supports on the Fall Syllabus.
Here is a preview of our Course Syllabus. We will read the full syllabus as our first Reading Assignment in Week 1: Course Syllabus 0791 Advanced Reading and Writing
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.