Introduces the regional geology of the Pacific Northwest with emphasis on Oregon geology. Includes basic geologic principles, earth materials and geology of Pacific Northwest provinces. Recommendation: Prior geology experience. Prerequisites: (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 and (MTH 58 or MTH 65) or equivalent placement. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
From September 21 through December 12, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 41197
Kenneth G Sutton
Tuition: credit Fees: $20
For information, contact the department at 971-722-7255 (Admin Asst).
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.
Course details: CRN 41197
G207 Textbook: "Living with Thunder - Exploring the Geologic Past, Present, and Future of the Pacific Northwest" by Ellen Morris Bishop ISBN 978-0-87071-748-2.
Module 1 has general PCC/Online Learning information. Module 2 contains the course syllabus, coursework cutoff deadline dates, etc.
There are 10 modules labeled modules 3 to module 12 that contain the class coursework. One module per week.
In each week’s module you should:
• Read the bullet points on the webpage that explains the objectives of the module
• Read the 1 to 2 webpages on the module’s topic. View the module’s videos and links to external webpages.
• Post an answer to a discussion blog for one of the module’s list of questions.
• Do the module’s multiple choice quiz that has 3 questions.
After module 8, do the 30 question multiple-choice midterm quiz.
If you want to, do the optional extra credit rock identification quiz before the end of the class.
After the module 12, do the 30 question multiple-choice final exam quiz.
Activity Points each Total
Module Quizzes (10) 3 30
Module Question Discussions (10) 1 10
Online Midterm Exam (1) 30 30
Online Final Exam (1) 30 30
Optional Extra Credit Rock Identification Quiz (1) 5 5
Total Points that can be earned 105
Letter Grade Total Final Points
A 90 - 100
B 80 - 89
C 70 - 79
D 60 - 69
F < 60
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg