PE182K Yoga I
- CRN: 45797
- Credits: 1
- Notes: Hybrid. Remote option available, see Course Details page.
No textbooks required
Details about this class
Hello and welcome to Yoga. I'm Jill Tuleya and I'm truly excited to offer a course that gives students the option to attend class in-person OR remotely. It is my hope that this flexible format will give you more options for your schedule and personal needs.
If you have never done yoga before, no problem! I'll include a variety of options for moving, stretching and relaxing. And if you have been practicing yoga for awhile, you will have the opportunity to increase your physical and mindfulness skills through more advanced practices.
All students in this course will benefit from the added materials I have included in the D2L course shell, including:
- Instructor-made yoga class videos,
- Yoga Pose 'how to' videos,
- Yoga Teacher trainee student videos (EXS Yoga Teacher Training program information),
- Links to a variety of yoga and mindfulness resources,
- Instructor-written lectures, including "The History of Yoga" and "Appreciation vs. Appropriation of Yoga" and
- Lectures and resources focused on yoga philosophy.
As a hybrid course, students will also try out different yoga asana (the 'poses' of yoga), pranayama (breath) and meditation practices on their own and will reflect upon their learning in a weekly yoga journal.
Details will be provided to registered students. I look forward to seeing you in class this fall! - Jill https://www.pcc.edu/staff/jill-tuleya15/
This class offers both in-person AND remote options to students. If you are unable to attend in-person, you can attend remotely via Zoom.
Online class information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Online & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Online based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Online Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Classes but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg