LIB127 Information Research
- CRN: 44825
- Credits: 2
- Notes: Healthcare focus Online Web class.
- Locations, days, times, and instructors:
- Online, Available 24/7
From September 26 through November 21, 2022, Amanda S Bird
- Online, Available 24/7
No textbooks required
Details about this class
This asynchronous course has a Healthcare focus, and is 8 weeks long. Students will learn about how information is created in the health sciences, who creates it, and related issues with equity and access. We will also learn about how and where to find information on health science topics, citation, and introduce the concept of evidence based practice. We keep an eye out for "junk" science and also learn how to identify the strengths and weaknesses of different types of published research.
The course is set up in weekly modules that build on each other: each module should be completed before moving on. For students, a typical week in LIB127:Healthcare includes spending time reading lectures (and exploring the embedded links, videos, and podcasts!), taking a quiz, and writing a weekly practice post in a discussion forum. Two larger assignments are assigned mid-term and at the end of the course.
I look forward to working with you in LIB127! Click here to view my PCC Library staff profile.
There is no additional technology required for this class.
Online class information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Online & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Online based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Online Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Classes but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg