Further deepens basic perceptual drawing techniques and tools as well as the understanding of the language of drawing in historical and contemporary contexts. Further develops critical skills for sighting, measuring, designing and constructing in drawing. This is the second course in a three-course sequence. Prerequisites: ART 231 or ART 231A or instructor permission. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
Tuesday and Thursday
from 10 to 11:50am
From September 22 through December 10, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 44807
Ben J Buswell
Tuition: credit Fees: $18
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.
Course details: CRN 44807
No textbooks required
There is no additional technology required for this class.
Take your drawing to the next level in a supportive community environment. We will be learning the basic techniques and practices of observational drawing: contour, sight measuring, chiaroscuro (shading), hatching, perspective and portraiture. Techniques are learned through assignments that investigate symbolism and personal expression.
Class Zoom meetings introduce ideas and instructor demonstrations. Lectures are recorded and relevant videos and reference materials are posted and available in D2L.
A basic and inexpensive set of drawing supplies is available through the Rock Creek Bookstore website.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.