Surveys astronomy to include historical development of the universe, Earth as a planet, Earth's moon, planets of the solar system, the sun, stars, and galaxies. Includes a weekly lab. Prerequisite: (WR 115 and RD 115) or IRW 115 and (MTH 58 or MTH 65) or equivalent placement. Audit available. (For detailed information, see the Course Content and Outcome Guide).
- you will need the CRN to register.
- many classes have additional fees.
- classes marked with $0 or <$40 use low cost materials. Cost does not include art supplies, calculators, fees, and equipment.
- Class type:
- in-person: remote: online: hybrid: ( or )
|CRN||Location & type||Days & time||Dates||Seats available||Materials||More info||Sign up|
From September 21 through December 12, 2020
|Textbooks for CRN 44714
Melinda L Hutson
Tuition: credit Fees: $0
Notes: Online Lec and Lab completed at home.
For information, contact the department at 971-722-4174.
This page includes one section only, more sections may exist for this class.
Course details: CRN 44714
No textbooks required
There is no additional technology required for this class.
Course is designed to combine "lecture" and "textbook" in module pages. Most labs completed in a quiz format. Strong math skills recommended.
Web course information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Web & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Web based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Web Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Courses but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg