PSY239 Intro to Abnormal Psychology
Open educational resources (OER)
The following free or inexpensive materials are used for this class:
Details about this class
Here you can read a little bit about me.
What is special about this class? The Introduction to Abnormal Behavior class is favorite for students as we all need to learn about mental health and mental illness and how to take care of our mental health and get support for ourselves and others when our mental health is not doing well. The class is a very interesting review of many important mental health issues and mental disorders, including depression, anxiety, ADHD, and many other disorders. The course is clearly organized so students can keep track of what is required and earn a good grade. This class helps students understand themselves better, and others around them.
*This class is mostly free open education resources. It does have a low cost book you will be required to read, titled:
First, We Make the Beast Beautiful: A New Journey Through Anxiety, by Sarah Wilson. Students very much enjoy this book.
I look forward to meeting with you. This class will be online on Zoom. For that reason it is important to have a computer or tablet that lets you use all the functions of Zoom.
Online class information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Online & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Online based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Online Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Classes but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg