GEO209 Climate Change & Human Systems
No textbooks required
Details about this class
Greetings, and welcome to the dynamic world of geography! My approach to this course focuses on current events and how geography applies to our everyday lives. Your experiences and insights are an important part of our classroom conversations, which you can share in our weekly in-person class meetings.
This course is designed to reflect the hybrid-style of learning, with a once a week meeting IN-PERSON at the Rock Creek Campus. You will have access to pre-recorded content videos and out of class activities, and focus on discussion and application when we meet in person.
While attendance is highly encouraged, you can complete this course even if you cannot attend all the meetings. In-person meetings are not recorded.
What can you expect?
- Free, on-line, readings to support course content (NO TEXTBOOK)
- flexibility period for late work (no penalty for late submission within flexibility period)
- Weekly discussion forums and quizzes
- In-person group work and discussions once a week
- Video and map analysis
- A 5 page term paper and presentation
There is no additional technology required for this class.
Online class information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Online & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Online based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Online Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Classes but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg