PSY214 Introduction to Personality
No textbooks required
Open educational resources (OER)
The following free or inexpensive materials are used for this class:
Details about this class
Instructor: Emerson Wolfe. Since this is a remote course, there will be weekly Zoom meetings required. Readings and videos will be provided within D2L's weekly modules, and you will not need to purchase any materials for this course.
The instructor is changing this course over summer to use flipped classroom methods. This means that students will have videos and readings through D2L which will serve as the lecture, and class time will focus on activities, whole class discussions, small group breakouts, personality exploration, and real life problem solving role plays. Fewer assignments will be due online, and Zoom time will count as the weekly discussion/homework assignments instead. Community Agreements will be established as we engage with each other in respectful, compassionate, and curious dialogue about the complexities of personality.
Email Emerson Wolfe at email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to review a draft of the syllabus and calendar.
There is no additional technology required for this class.
Online class information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Online & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Online based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Online Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Classes but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg