PE283 Pro Act: Mind-Body Disciplines
No textbooks required
Details about this class
I'm Jill Tuleya (to-LAY-uh, she/her). I'm so glad you are interested in mind body disciplines. In this course, you will have the opportunity to try out several mind body techniques - breathing, mindfulness, meditation, relaxation, yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi and Qi Gong - but you'll also have the opportunity to learn how to lead these practices in other settings. Many students who take this course want to use the practices they are learning in their professional life. And others just want to learn some ways to incorporate more self care and stress reducing activities into their personal lives. In any case, you are welcome here!
This is a 50:50 hybrid course with both in person and online activities. We will meet Wednesdays 9:30-11:20 a.m. in AM 125 on Sylvania campus to learn mind body techniques and how to lead them to others in an inclusive and trauma-informed way. Online materials include readings and interactive activities.
There is no textbook for this course. All reading and other materials will be provided through D2L Brightspace. Learn more about me here: https://www.pcc.edu/staff/jill-tuleya15/. Email me with questions at email@example.com.
There is no additional technology required for this class.
Online class information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Online & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Online based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Online Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Classes but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg