PSY240 Personal Awareness and Growth
Details about this class
This class will follow a hybrid format in which we will meet once a week for two hours and then also have some asynchronous online work each week to supplement. Attendance is expected but absences are not penalized. We will be using Lumen Waymaker "Introduction to Psychology" as our textbook, and this is pre-loaded in our D2L course shell, so there is nothing additional you need to do. This resource is listed as $33 on the bookstore site, and is automatically included in your registration fee for the course -- nothing more to purchase! The level of communication is high; I send out regular reminders/updates, and I respond to student emails 7 days a week. As long as you stay connected and keep up, you'll do great!
Take a look at this Copy of last term's syllabus for an idea of what the expectations are for this course.
There is no additional technology required for this class.
Online class information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Online & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Online based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Online Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Classes but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg