SOC204 Introduction to Sociology
Details about this class
Hello students! Our course will be hosted on PCC's D2L platform. There you will find the syllabus, assignments, Zoom links, lecture videos, and quizzes. Exams will be held live in class.
We will have one meeting a week at Rock Creeks (Thursdays at 2) and one on Zoom. There will also be video lectures posted each week on D2L. Students will need access to a computer that can access Zoom. It could just be a Zoom app on your phone.
There are two required texts; Introduction to Sociology (10th Edition) by Anthony Giddens and The Autobiography of Malcom X,
Online class information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Online & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Online based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Online Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Classes but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg