ESOL152 Level 5 Writing
No textbooks required
Details about this class
Welcome to my Writing 5 course! Here is how the class is organized:
- We will meet in person at the SE Campus twice a week.
- You do not need to buy a textbook.
- Instead of a book, I will give you a paper handout, videos, and online exercises every week.
- You must submit a grammar homework assignment every week to pass the class!
- You must also submit one writing homework assignment every week to pass the class!
- We will use the online system D2L to submit all assignments.
- You can re-do any assignment if you don't like the grade!
- You will take 5 quizzes and a final exam.
Here is some other useful information:
- How to log in to MyPCC – video link — If you need your username, please contact me. Do NOT contact the teacher in the video, please! This video is also very helpful for setting up your MyPCC account.
- Be sure to pay for your class! Ways to Pay Tuition at PCC
- How to Pay in MyPCC
- You can now pay your tuition by phone! Call Student Accounts at 971-722-8888, option 3!**
- If you need a Fee Waiver, read the information here! Send me a picture of your OHP or SNAP benefits paper, or if you are unemployed, write me an email.
- Here's an introduction to using Google Docs and D2L for my class.
You will need a computer (best!) or smartphone (ok) to complete and submit the assignments at home.
Online class information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Online based classes please visit the Disability Services website.