SOC232 Death & Dying: Cult & Issues
- CRN: 40918
- Credits: 4
- Locations, days, times, and instructors:
- Online, Available 24/7
From September 26 through December 17, 2022, Mike A Faber
- Online, Available 24/7
No textbooks required
Open educational resources (OER)
The following free or inexpensive materials are used for this class:
Details about this class
I want to give you some information about the class so you can make the best decisions for the coming term. I think of this as you getting a chance to have informed consent about whether you want to take this class. The syllabus isn't finalized yet, but it will stay very similar. Here's an old version for you to get a sense of the structure
There is no textbook for this class! I made that decision in order to save you money and remove barriers for success. So, don’t worry about heading to the bookstore, you have everything you need as long as you have dependable internet access.
This class is fully online and asynchronous. This means that there are no scheduled Zoom lectures and all the course content is included within the D2L Brightspace shell and can be accessed at any time day or night 24/7. However, there are established deadlines for submission of weekly discussion posts and assignments.
There is no additional technology required for this class.
Online class information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Online & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Online based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Online Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Classes but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg