RD115 College Reading
No textbooks required
Details about this class
In our learning community we'll focus on these topics: reading effectiveness, critical reading, and information literacy. All of these help you be more successful in other college-level classes.
This course is online and remote. For the remote portion, there will be a REQUIRED live Zoom class meeting, every Tuesday from 10-to11:50 am. For the online portion, you will be accessing D2L Brightspace course content and completing the activities on your own.
Here's the Spring 2022 Syllabus for you to review and get more information about the course.
See you soon!
- You will need to scan or photograph annotated work samples and post to discussions or assignment folders.
- You will be using Google docs to complete and submit assignment Templates.
- You may be asked to use social technology such as VoiceThread (a special tool that allows you to record your voice and even add a picture or video as part of your post). You may need a phone or a computer with a microphone to participate in VoiceThread.
Online class information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Online & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Online based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Online Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Classes but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg