PSY215 Human Development
Details about this class
Dear students, welcome to the class.
We will be meeting on Zoom on Tuesdays at 1:00 pm. Use of cameras for the class is very much encouraged as it creates a more engaging and personal climate in the classroom. Students will be also working independently studying not only the textbook, but also materials posted in D2L. We will have weekly quizzes, midterm and final and a couple extra-credit written papers.
Please buy the required E-text (Electronic text) at the Sylvania bookstore. They will have the 4th edition, but if you chose to find the text on your own, 3rd edition will work as well.
Required Textbook: Feldman Robert Life Span Development: Topical Approach. Pearson 3rd or 4th edition.
I am looking forward to working with each of you this term.
There is no additional technology required for this class.
Online class information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Online & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Online based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Online Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Classes but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg