PSY214 Introduction to Personality
Open educational resources (OER)
The following free or inexpensive materials are used for this class:
Details about this class
The books for this class include one book that can be bought at the bookstore or found online for usually around $15 or less, and the rest of our materials are completely free Open Education Resources (OER). The OER materials are edited and created by me, have been carefully chosen to be no cost, are accessible on the internet, and hopefully interesting!
I enjoy working with students in their exploration of such a dynamic field of study as Personality. Each of you is a "diversity of one" in your unique personality development. And - your personality connects you to other people in unique ways.
If you want to know a little more about me check out my Chris Allen PCC Web Page. I want you to know I understand that remote education continues to be a challenge for all of us and I am here to help and make the class a good experience.
This course will be in-person one day per week.
Because you will be accessing online content, access to a desktop or laptop computer, or tablet with a reliable internet connection are needed. Participation in our weekly online meetings has the added need for a webcam and microphone in order to engage in the full experience of class meetings. If you have trouble accessing technology or a connection for the courses, please consider reviewing this resource (includes additional resources, be sure to scroll to find tech specific resources and emergency funds information): Community resources and funding assistance
Online class information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Online & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Online based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Online Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Classes but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg