MTH105 Math in Society (MTH105=105Z)
Open educational resources (OER)
The following free or inexpensive materials are used for this class:
Details about this class
I'm happy you're considering taking my MTH 105 class! Read below to get a general idea of the class structure.
- This class meets in-person. Class time will be a blend of lecture and collaborative discussion. There may also be a few quizzes that happen during class time. Online homework is completed outside of class.
- Lecture notes will be posted in our class D2L page at online.pcc.edu. If you need to miss a class, it is your responsibility to find out what material was covered.
- Our online textbook in this class is free. See the Class Materials box on this page for a link to the eBook.
- There is no calculator to purchase. Calculations will be handled using free software tools, which I carefully show how to access and use.
- There will be two proctored midterm exams during class (these usually occur during week 4 and week 8 of the term), plus a project that will be due during finals week.
If you have any questions, send me an email and I'll be happy to respond.
- You will need access to a computer with internet access to complete the online homework and access our D2L page at online.pcc.edu.
- Access to a scanner or a smartphone scanning app is useful if you need to miss a class and submit a take-home quiz online.
Online class information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Online based classes please visit the Disability Services website.