ENG104 Intro to Literature (Fiction)
No textbooks required
Details about this class
Before I say anything about the class, let me say this… my goal is that every student who registers passes the class. That doesn’t mean you don’t have to work, but it does mean that you can count on me to do everything I can to make sure you get through this class and learn some stuff about fiction and literature more generally.
I think of this class as a book club.
We'll explore different forms of fiction--sci fi, flash, experimental, and many other genres.
Not a lot of old, dusty texts--mostly stuff by younger writers with a diverse range of experience: Tommy Orange, Jennifer Egan, Bryan Washington, George Saunders.
Flexible assignments. You will do some journaling, some reviewing of the texts, creative writing, even videos/tiktoks if you want!
We'll also explore how fiction lives in the world around us--not just the classroom.
If you want to know what other students say about me, you can check out my reviews on RMP.com
You can also reach out to me email@example.com and I'm happy to chat or try to answer questions.
Nope. I'll provide you with resources you need. You can read our texts in ebook or printed format.
Online class information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Online & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Online based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Online Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Classes but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg