PSY215 Human Development
Open educational resources (OER)
The following free or inexpensive materials are used for this class:
Details about this class
The books for this class include one relatively inexpensive paperback/electronic book, and the rest of our materials are completely free Open Education Resources (OER). The OER materials have been carefully chosen to be no cost, accessible on the internet, and interesting.
I enjoy working with students in their exploration of such a dynamic field of study as Human Development. We go from birth to old age, that is a lot of information to explore.
If you want to know a little more about me check out my Chris Allen PCC Web Page. I want you to know I understand that remote education continues to be a challenge for all of us and I am here to help and make the class a good experience.
This course will be held on Zoom.
Because you will be accessing online content and attending virtual meetings, access to a desktop or laptop computer, or tablet with a reliable internet connection are needed. Participation in our weekly online meetings has the added need for a webcam and microphone in order to engage in the full experience of class meetings. If you have trouble accessing technology or a connection for the courses, please consider reviewing this resource (includes additional resources, be sure to scroll to find tech specific resources and emergency funds information): Community resources and funding assistance
Online class information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Online & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Online based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Online Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Classes but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg