PSY214 Introduction to Personality
No textbooks required
Open educational resources (OER)
The following free or inexpensive materials are used for this class:
Details about this class
This course is a REMOTE CLASS. What that means for my courses is that we meet, via Zoom, one time per week. This weekly class session is mandatory and your attendance is counted toward your final grade. If you need all online, please refer to the course schedule for ONLINE classes. Otherwise, join in the fun - we have a lot of great content that we get to talk about! =)
When not in class, the expectation is that you complete your reading and one, brief weekly assignment each week. There are two open-book exams, as well as a two-part writing assignment (describing your own personality and then applying two, major theories to your personality).
Psychology is definitely a topic for everyone; no matter what your career goal. Cheers to an engaging, successful term!
Because this is a remote class, please note that there is an expectation for Zoom participation. As such, you'll need a microphone and webcam.
Online class information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Online & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Online based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Online Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Classes but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg