PSY202A Intro to Psychology - Part 2
- CRN: 40284
- Credits: 4
- Locations, days, times, and instructors:
- Online, Available 24/7
From September 26 through December 17, 2022, Ariel M Ladum
- Online, Available 24/7
No textbooks required
Open educational resources (OER)
The following free or inexpensive materials are used for this class:
Details about this class
Welcome to PSY202! In this class we continue to explore topic areas in psychology including emotion and motivation, personality, intelligence, problem-solving and creativity, psychological disorders, therapy and treatment, health psychology, and social psychology. The class has an applied focus, and I am looking forward to getting to know you as we share our experiences throughout the course. Some things you would probably like to know about the class materials and format :)...
- All course materials are free and available online.
- This class uses an equitable grading scheme so that students have an equal chance of earning each letter grade (rather than having a 60% chance of earning a failing grade of 'D' or 'F').
- This course does not have any scheduled class meetings.
- This is an application-focused writing-intensive course in that we will explore how these topics relate to and inform our own lives through a written format. We rely on the written format because this class is a distance/web-based course and does not include any synchronous meetings.
- There are three evaluated components of the course: online quizzes (10 quizzes with 9 highest scores counted), 10 discussions (including main posts and responses), and a three-part assignment.
- This class uses elements of a 'flipped' model, meaning that you will review much of the material and take a brief online, open book quiz each week before submitting the weekly discussion--this ensures that you have engaged with the materials and facilitates your success on the discussions.
- Office hours are held by each week at a scheduled time as well as by appointment, and you can contact me any time at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have (including any questions you might have before you register).
Students will need OfficeSuite to complete coursework as well as a camera and microphone to participate in office hours should they choose to do so.
Online class information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Online & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Online based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Online Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Classes but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg