PSY201A Intro to Psychology - Part 1
Details about this class
Hi, and welcome to PSY 201! We'll be exploring a lot of interesting material-- including some of my absolute favorite areas of psychology-- so I hope you'll join us this quarter :)
Some quick notes you might be wondering about...
Our class is what's called an "online-remote hybrid" course, which means that instead of meeting twice a week, we meet just once a week on Zoom (every Tuesday). This doesn't mean we only cover half the material though! Instead, our remote meetings will be blended with additional, self-directed online work in place of a second weekly meeting.
Participating in our weekly Zoom sessions is an important (and I hope enjoyable!) part of class, so attendance/participation does earn you points toward your final grade-- but I'm looking more to reward you for engaging than to penalize you if an emergency comes up! Everyone gets a couple "free" (no questions asked/no points deducted) absences, and you can make up attendance points with an alternate assignment if needed.
I'm so excited to know you and explore this field together!
** Textbook is free, you do not need to purchase anything
There is no additional technology required for this class.
Online class information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Online & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Online based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Online Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Classes but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg