PSY202A Intro to Psychology - Part 2
- CRN: 40122
- Credits: 4
- Notes: Course is Remote + Online, Course is not in person
No textbooks required
Open educational resources (OER)
The following free or inexpensive materials are used for this class:
Details about this class
Hello and welcome to a few details about this class! It's a little confusing on the registration page, but this course is a REMOTE/HYBRID CLASS. What that means is that we meet, via Zoom, one time per week. This weekly class session is mandatory and your attendance is counted toward your final grade. The rest of the course occurs online/outside of class (this replaces the usual 2x per week class meeting). What does that look like? When not in class, the expectation is that you complete your reading, watch embedded videos and complete one, brief weekly assignment each week. There is also an end-of-term final project and two open-book exams.
If you need all online, please refer to the course schedule for WEB or ONLINE classes. Otherwise, join in the fun for Fall 2023 - we have a lot of great content that we get to talk about! =) Psychology is definitely a topic for everyone; no matter what your career goal. Cheers to an engaging, successful term!
Because this is a remote class, please note that there is an expectation for Zoom participation. As such, you'll need a microphone and webcam.
Online class information
- No show policy
- Your instructor can mark you as a "no show" if you do not participate in your class during the first week. This will remove you from the class. It is important to log in as soon as the class starts to see what the participation requirements are.
- Online & Remote Teaching Technical Requirements:
- Please be sure to read the quick guide to Online Learning technical requirements.
- Students with Disabilities:
- Students with disabilities should notify their instructor if accommodations are needed to take this class. For information about technologies that help people with disabilities taking Online based classes please visit the Disability Services website.
- Online Prerequisite | Start Guide for Online Learning:
Before you take your first online class at PCC, you must complete the start guide for online learning. The start guide will help you decide if online classes are right for you. Once you complete the start guide, you will be eligible to register for online classes.
The Start Guide is not required for Hybrid or Remote Classes but strongly recommended. To learn more, go to https://www.pcc.edu/osg