Tutoring Services Available
- Anatomy and Physiology Tutoring
- Computer Technology Tutoring
- EET Tutoring
- ESOL Tutoring Center
- Language Lab
- Multicultural Center
- Physical Science Tutor / Computer Lab
- Student Learning Center - Math, English, and Subject Area Tutoring
- The Writing Center
Anatomy and Physiology Tutoring
Tutoring is available during scheduled "open lab" sessions for BI 121, 122, 231, 232, and 233 classes at Sylvania campus. You can attend any open lab section as long as there are available seats. Materials from current or post weeks labs may not be available, either because a lab is currently in session or materials are being used in other courses.
Fall term open lab schedule
- Wednesdays, 3-6pm in HT 302
- Fridays, 12-3pm in HT 325
You can attend any open lab section as long as there are available seats. Materials from current or post weeks labs may not be available, either because a lab is currently in session or materials are being used in other courses.
During practical weeks, regularly scheduled open labs will not be held. There will be 2 additional open labs held on the Mondays before the practicals have started. The dates for these are Monday, October 19 and Monday, November 30. They will be held in HT 302 from 9am to 12pm.
Sylvania TCB 308 | 971-722-4096
Students enrolled in beginning Computer Information Systems (CIS) or Computer Science (CS) classes can receive tutoring on a drop-in basis in TCB 308. Students enrolled in beginning Computer Application Systems (CAS) classes can receive tutoring on a drop-in basis in the Student Computing Center in the Library. Tutoring is provided by student tutors and is for beginning CAS, CIS and CS courses only.
Please check the schedule posted online before you go to the TCB 308 Lab or the Student Computing Center to find out if and when a tutor is on-site to help you with your specific computer class.
EET Tutoring and Group Study
Sylvania ST 200 | Linda Browning | 971-722-8730
- EET on-Campus Tutoring (week 2- week 10):
- Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 5:00-:600pm, ST 315, Ian Band, firstname.lastname@example.org
- EET Online Tutoring
- Check the eTutoring weekly schedule for subjects and times.
- Engineering (Circuits & Digital Systems)
- Saturday & Sunday 10am - 1pm: Aaron Huggins, email@example.com
- Student Group Study
- ST 315 has been reserved for individual or student group study - there is no instructor or supervision provided. Thursdays from 3pm - 5pm
ESOL Tutoring Center
Sylvania CT 208 | 971-722-4565
The ESOL Tutoring Center provides supplemental support for ESOL class work in reading, writing, speaking, and pronunciation for all adults whose native language is not English and who are enrolled in ESOL classes.
Operated on a drop-in basis and equipped with multimedia materials, the center offers computer-guided technology, small group discussions, conversation practice, and self-paced independent study. The emphasis is on one-on-one tutoring to assist you with specific assignments.
Sylvania Campus CT 235 | Faculty Contact: Cherie Maas-Anderson
The Sylvania Language Lab has language learning software, ESOL Internet links, microphones for speaking practice and homework, and fonts for Asian languages. It is open to students currently taking classes in:
- ASL / Sign Language Interpretation
- English composition and literature
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
- World languages (French, German, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish)
Sylvania CC 202 | 971-722-4112
The mission of the Multicultural Center is to support multi-racial students in receiving academic, social and cultural support. The Center is a central place that nurtures learning and the achievement of personal and educational goals through cultural enrichment, peer tutoring, and mentorship.
Physical Science Tutor / Computer Lab
Sylvania HP 202 | 971-722-8583| Physical Science Office: 971-722-4174
The Sylvania Physical Science Tutor/Computer Lab provides free drop-in tutoring to support Chemistry, Physics, Geology and Physical Science classes. The lab operates on a drop-in, first-come first-serve basis. Tutors include a mix of full-time and part-time faculty, as well as advanced student tutors. Student tutors undergo a 10-hour tutor training session.
The lab also includes 5 Windows OS computers connected to the Internet, with MS Office, Graphical Analysis, LoggerPro, Spartan Molecular Modeling and Odyssey Molecular Tutorial Programs, as well as a printer. In addition, tables are available for independent or group study sessions.
- The Physical Science tutoring center is closed for summer term. It will reopen in the fall.
- Tutoring Schedules:
Sylvania Library 140 | 971-722-4540
The Student Learning Center is an informal, open study area, with the added benefit of tutoring assistance. Tutoring is free for PCC students and is primarily done on a first-come, first-served basis. We also have a computer lab (PCs only) and offer English and Math self-paced classes.
Sylvania CT 239 | 971-722-4952
The Writing Center serves all college level PCC students. Receive help with writing at any stage in the writing process—from generating ideas, through development, organization, refining, and documentation. The center is staffed by PCC instructors and student writing assistants whose goal is to help you become active, independent writers.
- Mon. - Thurs., 9am to 6pm; Fridays, 10am to 3pm. Starting 2nd week of term.
- Assistance in:
- Identifying patterns of error
- Overcoming writer's block
- Developing examples and logical connections
- Writing college essays
- Using correct, discipline-appropriate, documentation
- Creative writing
- Scholarship letters and applications