PCC Spanish GED Program offers classes in Washington County and Southeast Portland that prepare students to take the Spanish version of the GED exam. All Spanish GED classes are taught in Spanish.
Most employers, apprenticeship programs, community colleges and universities accept the GED Certificate as a substitute for a high school diploma.
Click on a question below to get the answer:
Where are Spanish GED classes offered?
Spanish GED classes are offered at the following locations:
- Willow Creek Center, 241 SW Edgeway Drive, Beaverton, OR 97006 (Hours: 9am-12pm or 6-9pm, either Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday OR Friday and Saturday)
- SE Campus, 2305 SE 82nd Ave, Portland, OR 97216 (Hours: 6-9pm, Monday and Wednesday)
How do you register for Spanish GED classes?
- Apply to PCC
All new students must complete the online PCC admissions form to get the student ID number at least one week before your assessment. Mark “credit” on the application. If you need help, go to the Admissions Office at PCC.
- Decide where you want to study
PCC Willow Creek in Beaverton or PCC Southeast Campus.
- Take an assessment test
Take the assessment at the location where you plan to attend classes. No appointment is needed. First come first serve. Plan to stay about one and a half hour. Bring your PCC student ID number and a picture ID.
- Willow Creek Spanish GED Assessment & Registration (241 SW Edgeway Drive, Beaverton, OR 97006)
- Wednesday, May 9, 11:30am-2pm, Room 207
- Monday, May 21, 6-8:50pm, Room 207
- Saturday, May 26, 11:30am-1:30pm, Room 207
- SE Campus Spanish GED Assessment & Registration (2305 SE 82 nd Ave, Portland, OR 97216)
- Wednesday, May 30, 4-6pm, Tabor 138
- Pay for your classes
Pay between the payment due date.
- Attend your classes!
A parking permit is required to park at Southeast Campus. Permits are available from the yellow machines in the parking area or at the Student Account Services SCOM Building. Do not park in staff parking.
For more information call 971-722-6219 o 971-722-6255
How much do Spanish GED classes cost?
The fees for Spanish GED classes range from $71.60 to $143.20 per term. You can pay in person at Student Account Services or by phone at 971-722-8888, option 3.
Are Spanish GED classes available online?
Currently, the Spanish GED Program at PCC does not offer Spanish GED online courses.
How do you take the Spanish GED exams?
Get more information about taking the GED exams Spanish version at PCC. Students are not required to take a GED class in order to take the GED Exams.
How long will it take to get your GED?
The time needed for students to get their GED depends on skill level, class attendance, and the student’s dedication to study. Each student is unique, so the amount of time would be different for each student to complete the GED.
Is there any difference on the GED Certificate if I take the GED exam in Spanish?
No. Both certificates are the same and do not state in which language the student took the test.
Are Spanish GED books and online materials available?
Spanish GED books are available at the Rock Creek and Southeast Campus bookstores.
Also, the following online resources can be used to help prepare for the Spanish GED exams:
- Spanish Literacy, Grade School, and High School subjects
- Job Skills
- Additional Online Spanish GED Resources
How can you go to college for free after getting your Spanish GED?
Students who graduate from PCC Spanish GED Program are eligible to receive up to $800 on credit classes. For more details on this program contact the Spanish GED Coordinator at 971-722-6219.