The team of Peer Advisors at the Sylvania campus is a dynamic, diverse group of current PCC student leaders who work in the Career Resource Center. Peer Advisors go through extensive training and are able to assist students and community members with Career Center resources and navigating PCC including:
- Accessing MyPCC, registration, finding classrooms, scheduling classes recommended by counselors/advisors, understanding PCC policies, & transfer information
- Exploring majors, career options, and career information.
- Leading campus tours for new and prospective students.
- Researching scholarships and filling out FAFSAs (Financial Aid forms)
- Orienting people to the resources available in the Career Resource Center
The Career Peer Advisor Program at Rock Creek Campus is an opportunity to develop your leadership skills by helping other students explore career and academic paths at the Career Resource Center. A strong component of the program involves sponsoring events and promoting the Center's services across campus so that all students have equal access to career exploration.
Applications for 2014/2015 Academic Year
The Rock Creek and Sylvania Campus Career Resource Centers are seeking students for paid Peer Advisor positions for the 2014/2015 academic year.
Applications are also available in the Sylvania Career Resource Center, CC-216.
Rock Creek Campus applications will be available soon.