Feeling left out on campus? Don’t know where to go? Want to get involved, but don’t know how? Want to make some friends? Need a job?
Get involved in Student Leadership!
Student Leadership Programs offer a multitude of different jobs for one academic year. Learn leadership skills, make a difference, have fun, earn college credit and get paid while working in a Student Leadership Position at PCC Cascade. We organize campus clubs & organizations, legislative activities and programs, student representation on college committees, social justice programs, social events and activities, history/heritage celebrations and much more. Get more information in the Cascade Student Union, 2nd Floor at the ASPCC Student Help Desk!
APPLICATIONS OPEN MONDAY, MARCH 28th
APPLICATIONS CLOSE SUNDAY, MAY 1st
ASPCC Cascade is hiring for the following paid positions:
- Student Body President
- Director of Legislative Affairs
- Programs & Events Coordinator
- Club Program Coordinator
- Phi Theta Kappa Officer
- International Student Programs Coordinator
- Bike Program Coordinator
- Bike Program Mechanic
- Black Student Union Diversity Retention Club Coordinator
- Native Nations Diversity Retention Club Coordinator
- Queer Club Diversity Retention Club Coordinator
- Recovery 101 Diversity Retention Club Coordinator
- Veterans Student Association Diversity Retention Club Coordinator
- MEChA Diversity Retention Club Coordinator
- QRC Co-coordinator - Operations and Programs
- QRC Co-coordinator - Community Relations & Education
Before you complete the online application below, make sure you have the following ready to attach to your application:
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- A Current Resume
- Completed Supplemental Questions
SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS for ASPCC Cascade and Queer Resource Center Positions:
Answers should be prepared in a word process program and uploaded. Each answer should not be longer than 500 words.
1) What experience do you have in the area for which you are applying? List activities you have participated in that may help you in this position.
2) What is your personal definition of self-discipline, accountability, and teamwork as they relate to this position?
3) What would you contribute to this position and its responsibilities?
4) Describe how you and set and accomplished a short or long term goal.
5) Consider your schedule and the hours that are required for the position you are applying for. How do you see the position's hourly requirements fitting into your personal schedule?
To apply for paid leadership positions with Associated Student of Portland Community College click the link below
What is ASPCC?
ASPCC stands for Associated Students of Portland Community College. ASPCC is the student government that represents student needs and serves as a united voice for students on campus. We advocate for students in committees district-wide and bring a student opinion to the table when discussing issues such as educational programs, allocation of funds, bond measures, security, transportation, cafeteria issues, legislative advocacy, textbooks, facilities, and much, much more! In short, we make sure that PCC takes students into account when deciding on it's varied policies.
Find us in the NEW STUDENT UNION BUILDING 2nd FLOOR!
- Student Government
- The Cascade Bike Program
- The Book Exchange
- Child Care Grants
- Clubs & Organization
- Legislative Internships
- Student Representation
- Events & Activities
- Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society
- The Food Nook
CA Bike Program
Borrow a bike from ASPCC for only $15 per term! Take care of minor bike repairs at the ASPCC Bike Shed outside the Student Center! Email: email@example.com for more information.
Child Care Grants
ASPCC offers child care reimbursements. Pick up an application at The Cascade Info Booth (Student Union Building 1st floor), or email: Debra Porta at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Food Nook
This program is designed to help students struggling financially with food gaps. Come to the NEW Student Union Building 2nd Floor and a staff member will put together an emergency food box for you. Email: email@example.com for more information.
To find out more about what/who the ASPCC are and what we do, go to any of the links to the right! If you have any questions about what we can do for you, get in touch or stop by the Student Help Desk in the NEW Student Union Building 2nd Floor. We have FREE popcorn from 4pm-7pm Mondays through Thursdays! (Please refer to the Student Lounge Hours.)