SACs and their chairs will find a wealth of resources in the subpages at the side bars and in the featured items linked below.
- SAC Chair's Checklist - Printable checklist customized for SAC chairs, arranged chronologically for the academic year
- Helpful Links - A list of links and resources compiled by an outgoing SAC chair
- Master List of SACs, chairs, administrative liaisons, and program review status
- SAC and Advisory Committee Minutes Dissemination
- Pay for Part-Time Faculty to Attend PCC-Santioned SAC Meetings
How to report new SAC Chairs or Co-Chairs:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org providing the name(s) and take-over dates of new chairs and/or co-chairs. The Academic Support Coordinator, currently Susan Wilson, will update the SAC Chair list-serv and notify Curriculum.
- How to report new Faculty Department Chairs (FDC):
Tips, and Items Shared at In-Service Events:
- Tips for SAC Chairs
- Slideshow from Fall 2017 SAC Chairs & Friends General Session
- Slideshow from Orientation for New SAC Chairs/Co-Chairs - Fall 2017
- Assessment Update 2016
- Degrees & Certificates Committee Promo
- Why Revise General Education?
Creating SAC-level questions:
In addition to the district-level and any instructor-initiated questions, SACs may add subject-specific questions. Such questions would automatically appear in the end-of-term course evaluations for all sections of a designated subject (e.g., all BI, CG, LAT, WLD, etc.). Once the language has been agreed upon, send your request for new SAC-level questions and the subject to which they apply to: email@example.com.
Accessing student feedback for SAC use:
Currently, there is no mechanism for SACs to access this feedback directly. Individual faculty are encouraged to share student responses to the SAC-level questions with their colleagues for the purpose of course/program improvement.
SAC minutes are housed at PCC's wiki "Spaces." Faculty are inherent members of the SACs for which they teach and shall have access to their SAC's wiki page, as shall affiliated learning resource specialists, program directors, and administrative liaisons. Log in to spaces.pcc.edu using the same user name and password associated with MyPCC account. Search for "SAC and Advisory Committee Minutes" under the "Committees" tab. The SAC chair shall distribute SAC minutes to affiliated faculty members, learning resource specialists, program directors, administrative liaisons, and firstname.lastname@example.org (for posting).
Advisory Committees exist for all active CTE programs at PCC, and the business conducted by these advisory boards shall be recorded digitally. The Division Dean who serves as liaison for the associated SAC is responsible for disseminating the minutes to: the SAC chair (and co-chairs, if any), affiliated learning resource specialists, program director (if applicable), the Vice President for Academic Affairs (currently email@example.com); and the Dean of Academic Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org). The SAC chairs are responsible for distributing the minutes to members of the SAC, and Academic Affairs will post the minutes in Spaces (PCC's wiki). SAC members and affiliated managers shall have access to their Spaces page. Log in to spaces.pcc.edu using the same user name and password associated with MyPCC account. Search for "SAC and Advisory Committee Minutes" under the "Committees" tab.