Listed are few responsibilities that the 2006 Faculty Committee on Student Retention considered to be important, but is not limited to.
- Understand the PCC student profile
- Be aware of your students' barriers (personal circumstances/traits, academic obstacles, etc.)
- Enhance your students' learning experience
- Familiarize yourself with PCC student resources, campus services, and MyPCC
- Create a positive, welcoming classroom environment
- Manage your classroom environment
- Develop creative instruction – share your passion!
- Be familiar with the PCC Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Solving their own personal problems
- Overcoming barriers when barriers inhibit them from academic success
- Seeking appropriate resources when deciding on a different academic path