These information sessions are intended for students wanting to participate in the Welding program. No signing up necessary; there's always room.
- How to get on the Welding Prospective Student List
- How to manage your first term in welding, what classes to take and credit load
- Goal Setting: certificates and/or AAS 2-year degree
- Registration dates and details
- Welding as an open entry, open exit program - what can & cannot be done
- Required tool set and estimated costs
- Deletion for non-payment
- Standards of Academic Progress - how to stay in school and be successful
- Your student resources, including your presenter and advisor
- Students interested in the Maritime Welding cohort option or other welding classes at Swan Island should attend a Swan Island session.
- Daily parking permit required. Daily parking permits may be purchased from a campus Parking Permit Station.
- Sometimes, if there is time at the end of Rock Creek info sessions, Annette is able to take participants into the weld shop for a quick tour. The shop will loan out safety glasses for the tours, but only students with closed, protective footwear will be allowed into the shop.
|October 8||1:30-3pm||Swan Island Trades Center|
|November 5||1:30-3pm||Swan Island Trades Center|
|December 10||1:30-3pm||Swan Island Trades Center|
|January 14||1:30-3pm||Swan Island Trades Center|