These information sessions are intended for students wanting to participate in the Welding program. No signing up necessary; there's always room.
Each session will cover:
- How to get on the Welding Prospective Student List
- How to manage your first term in welding, what classes to take and credit load
- Goal Setting: certificates and/or AAS 2-year degree
- Registration dates and details
- Welding as an open entry, open exit program - what can & cannot be done
- Required tool set and estimated costs
- Deletion for non-payment
- Standards of Academic Progress - how to stay in school and be successful
- Your student resources, including your presenter and advisor
Note: Sometimes, if there is time at the end of Rock Creek info sessions, Annette is able to take participants into the weld shop for a quick tour. The shop will loan out safety glasses for the tours, but only students with closed, protective footwear will be allowed into the shop.
Students interested in the Maritime Welding cohort option at Swan Island should attend a Swan Island session.
|Monday, March 19||4-6pm||Rock Creek Bldg. 2, Room 124|
|Wednesday, March 28||11am-1pm||Rock Creek Bldg. 2, Room 124|
|Tuesday, April 3||4:30-6:30pm||Rock Creek Bldg. 2, Room 243|
|Tuesday, April 10||1-3pm||Swan Island Trades Center, Room 130|
|Tuesday, May 8||1-3pm||Swan Island Trades Center, Room 130|
Daily parking permit required. Daily parking permits may be purchased from a campus Parking Permit Station.