Student Employment & Cooperative Education
Employment of veterinary technologists and technicians is projected to grow 19 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations. Employment will grow as more veterinarians utilize technicians and technologists to do general care and lab work, and as they continue to replace lower skilled veterinary assistants.
Employers in this field have the option of contacting PCC and posting their employment opportunities for PCC students and graduates. Students can have these employment opportunities sent directly to their email account by contacting Tamara Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or 971-722-7243.
Cooperative Education is a nationally recognized program that allows you to earn college credit, while gaining valuable on the job experience in your major area of study. You can practice the skills you've learned in the classroom in real job settings. With cooperative education (sometimes called co-op, internship or practicum) you gain practical work experience, make informed career decisions, and gain an advantage in the job market through the cooperative effort of you, the college and an employer.
Cooperative Education (Clinical/Externship) is a required course for VT students for three term rotations their second year of studies.
Tamara Williams, Jobs & Internships Specialist
Rock Creek Building 9, Room 119
Web Resources For Your Employment Search
- jobs.avma.org/ – AVMA’s Veterinary Career Center (VCC) and the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association (JAVMA) have joined forces to create the top website for both employers and job seekers.
- www.veterinarytech.jobs-to-careers.com – Takes you to a page with listings of various web sites for Veterinary Technician job search.
- www.ihireveterinary.com – iHireVeterinary is an Employment Board. Search Veterinary Jobs!2016 User's Choice Awards Elite Online Employment Services.
- www.wheretechsconnect.com – Hosted by VCA Hospitals, wheretechsconnect.com connects qualified candidates with employers posting job opportunities in their company.
- Jobs for Students and Graduates