Program Mission, Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
Program Mission Statement
It is the mission of the Radiography Program to deliver quality education that provides the means for each student to gain and apply the knowledge and skill necessary to be successful in the field of radiography and to become a productive individual in society.
Program Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
- Program Goal: Students will be clinically competent
- Will be successfully prepared to take the national certification examination (ARRT).
- Provide appropriate care that ensures the safety, comfort and on-going assessment/response to the patient’s condition.
- Demonstrate adherence to professional ethics and standards.
- Program Goal: Students will demonstrate communication skills
- Use effective oral and written communication skill in educational and clinical settings.
- Program Goal: Students will develop critical thinking skills
- Apply problem-solving skills in the clinical setting.
- Program Goal: Students will model professionalism
- Use an understanding of cultural and ethnic differences to reduce the barriers and misunderstandings which may impact providing competent patient care.
- Apply/adhere to radiation protection standards. Maintain safety practices for the community, coworkers and self.