Our goal of dedicated and professional instructors and staff is to provide students the physical education instruction that:
- Allows students to develop knowledge, skills, and positive attitudes regarding the value and benefits of physical fitness.
- Promote activities for physical skill improvement, conditioning, lifetime fitness, and social development to the greater PCC community.
- Offer instruction in courses that allow future employment opportunities (e.g. LG-Lifeguard, WSI-Water Safety Instructor).
- Provide specific courses for lower division block transfer (e.g. AAOT foundational requirement in Health/Wellness/Fitness & a degree requirement of the AS).
- Offer several levels of courses where skill and learning progress beyond one term of instruction (e.g. beginning, intermediate, and advanced).
- Continually assess and update physical education curriculum to ensure the courses are grounded in the current principles of physical education, fitness, and exercise science.