Why choose Occupational Skills Training at PCC?
PCC’s Occupational Skills Training (OST), a cost-effective worker training program using worksite-based training, can be a powerful component of any training plan either as a stand-alone option or in combination with academic coursework.
Consider OST as your first choice for re-training. We have a long history of training in a wide range of occupational areas, from professional offices to the trades and everything in between. Every year, this program helps hundreds of workers retrain in their chosen vocation, preparing them for employment.
We are flexible and committed to your worker’s training plans. Occupational Skills Training regularly works with:
- Veterans in the Chapter 31 program
- State vocational rehabilitation
- Injured workers in both Oregon and Washington
- Oregon Employment Department’s Trade Act program
What does Occupational Skills Training offer?
OST is a credit-bearing Career Technical Training program. Our plans typically range from 6 months to 2 years, putting workers on the pathway to a new career.
What we offer
- Hands-on, real work experience.
- Open entry – plans can start any time throughout the year.
- Variety – train in any vocation.
- An individualized plan and curriculum – every plan is customized to meet the needs of the worker.
- Location – we work throughout Oregon, Washington, and beyond.
- College credentials – students have the opportunity to earn up to a two-year certificate.
- Access – no academic prerequisites are required to participate in this program.
- Worker’s compensation coverage for trainees.
- Over 50% of OST students are offered employment at a host training site, and many others go on to find related employment elsewhere.
- Wages average over $20 per hour.
You can count on the Occupational Skills Training team to communicate and collaborate with you while documenting training progress with timesheets, trainer reports, and quarterly reviews.
Whether you’re a host employer looking for an intern or a student looking for career training, it’s easy to get started.
Forms for student workers
- PCC: Apply for admission – choose “Undeclared” when asked which certificate or degree program are you interested in
- OST syllabus
- Release of information
- Registration change form
- Skills training referral form
- Skills training referral form – VA
Forms for employers
Hosting a student intern
Occupational Skills Training is a terrific option for your clients. We offer flexibility, customization, and measurable results. Learn about hosting a student intern »
Workers seeking career training
Are you interested in a customized training program designed for you to gain skills and experience in a new vocation? Learn about seeking career training »
|Award||Length||Financial aid eligible||Currently accepting students?|
|Certificate: Occupational Skills Training||2 years||ban||Yes, contact us at 971-722-6127 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.|
|Certificate: Occupational Skills Training||1 year||ban|
|Certificate: Occupational Skills Training||Less than 1 year||ban|
Our offices are located at PCC’s Southeast Campus, but we bring PCC to you. OST works in communities throughout Oregon and Washington.
We welcome your email or call to discuss your particular case and how we can help. Contact us today for a quick quote or more information at 971-722-6127 or email@example.com.