Free virtual stem camp
“How 2020 Galvanized the Tech Communities”
- When: March 22-24, 2021
- Where: Zoom. Preregistration is required – contact email@example.com for registration information.
Intel and Lam Research scholarships are available – three $500 scholarships, three $300 scholarships, and three $200 scholarships will be awarded. The scholarships will apply only to Microelectronics Technology classes at PCC.
Day 1: Monday, March 22
- 9-9:30am: Meeting in Zoom, introductions, orientation, agenda of the camp.
- 9:30-10am: Semiconductor Career Paths – panelists Dorina Cornea, Bill Manley.
- 10-11am: Intel’s representative will join the party for a presentation on High Tech Manufacturing Job Opportunities.
- 11-11:30am: Lam Research’s representative will continue the discussion on the topic High Tech Manufacturing Job Opportunities.
- 11:30am-12 noon: Essay contest launch. The prompt is The Technology Response to Outbreaks of Infectious Disease/Global Disasters, and the essay is due on Wednesday morning.
Day 2: Tuesday, March 23
- 9-11am: The A+ Job Interview – participants will learn useful strategies for job interviewing and resume writing with panelists Dorina Cornea and Bill Manley.
- 11:30am-12:30pm: The New Face of Technology: How rapid advances in science and technology have reshaped our society, Part 1 with Dorina Cornea.
Day 3: Wednesday, March 24
- 9-10am: The New Face of Technology: How rapid advances in science and technology have reshaped our society, Part 2 with Jon Briggs.
- 10-11:30am: Mock interview day – each camp participant will participate in a mock interview, present their resume, and submit their essay.
- 11:30am-12:30pm: Break (for essay evaluation).
- 12:30-1pm: Announce the winners of the STEM scholarships.