Note: Borrowing required tools is not allowed.
To be eligible for the program, applicants must fulfill the following pre-requisites:
- Readiness for RD/WR 115 and MTH 65 or higher (through placement test scores or completion of pre-requisite courses)
The following are required before any shop activity, including MCH 121.
- 1 each Safety Glasses *
- 1 each 6" Flexible Steel Rule with 32nd and 64th increments one side, and 10th and 100th increments on the other side
- 1 each Scientific Calculator with Fractional Function (Casio fx-260 SOLAR FRACTION model, with a a/b is preferred)
- 1 each Combination Lock
The following personal tools are required to be purchased before starting course MCH 150 or higher.
- 1 Machinists' Ready Reference
- 1 6" Dial Caliper (Starret #120 or equivalent)
- 1 each Black Permanent Marker Pen
- 1 each Set of Hex-head (Allen) Wrenches - 1/16" to 3/8"
- 1 each Open-end / Box-end Wrenches - 3/8" to 3/4"
- 1 each Silica Carbide Hone Stone – for Carbide Tools
- 1 each Aluminum Oxide Hone Stone - for HSS Tools
- 1 each Dial Test Indicator w/ dovetail mounts (Starrett #709AZ or equivalent)
- 1 each Magnetic Base Indicator Holder (Noga #DG61003 or equivalent)
- 1 each Universal Indicator Holders (Indicol #178 or equivalent)
- 1 each Dial Indicator (Starrett #655-441J or equivalent)
- 1 each Cemented Carbide Right-hand Turning Tool - 1/2" Shank; Grade: C5, K21 or all-purpose *
- 1 each Cemented Carbide Left-hand Turning Tool - 1/2" Shank; Grade: C5, K21 or all-purpose *
- 3 HSS 5/16 square blanks *
- 1 each Edge/Center Finder (3/8" x .200 or 1/2" x .200) *
- 1 Thread Center Gage (Unified National) *
* See instructor prior to acquisition.