Emergency Medical Services, Career Pathway certificate
- Are you interested in working in an emergency medical setting?
- Are you ready to work in a hands-on profession that allows you to help others?
- Do you want a career path with advancement opportunities?
The Emergency Medical Services Career Pathway certificate prepares you to build on your problem solving, client service, and team-building skills by developing your response in an emergency medical situation. This is a great option for those committed to helping others in a crisis.
|Award||Length||Financial aid eligible||Currently accepting students?|
|Career Pathway Certificate: Emergency Medical Services||Less than 1 year||Limited entry, see how|
to get into this program
Learn more about Emergency Medical Services and all 5 awards available »
Course listing for the 2021-2022 catalog year.
|EMS 100||Introduction to Emergency Medical Services||2|
|EMS 105||EMT Part I||6|
|EMS 106||EMT Part II||6|
|EMS 114||Emergency Response Patient Transportation||1|
|EMS 116||Emergency Medical Services Rescue||3|
|WR 121||College Composition (or any course for which WR 121 is a prerequisite)||4|
The average wage is $40,000 to $45,000 per year, with entry-level positions of $13 to $15 per hour.
Finish your degree
The Emergency Medical Services Career Pathway Certificate leads to additional certificates and degrees. Continue your education to give yourself more job opportunities and career advancement.
Is it for me?
- Who: High school graduates (and high school equivalency). Placement into WR 121 or completion of WR 115 with a grade of C or better. Placement into MTH 60, or completion of MTH 20 with a grade of C or better. Placement into RD 115, or completion of RD 90 with a grade of C or better. If you do not meet all the placement recommendations, contact us for other options.
- Where: PCC Cascade Campus
- When: Four terms
Use the cost calculator to see the estimated costs. For more detailed cost sheet contact program department at 971-722-5570.
Applying to PCC is free and only takes a few minutes.Apply now
Limited entry awards have an additional application process. Learn about the prerequisite requirements for the Emergency Medical Services program.