Teacher Transfer Options
Check out the Center for Careers in Education
Teaching is one of the most rewarding, yet challenging careers you can choose. Teachers make a difference in the lives of students - to help them learn to read, solve a math problem or discover how plants grow. Elementary and middle school instructors introduce students to language, science, mathematics, social studies, the arts, and physical education. Secondary teachers are subject matter specialists who can inspire a student’s interest in an area for life.
Overall employment of kindergarten, elementary, middle and secondary school teachers is expected to increase over the next decade to replace an aging teaching workforce. Science, math, special education, and bilingual teachers will be in great demand.
Students can earn credits towards an Associate degree, which they can then transfer to a four-year public university or college in Oregon. Education classes count toward the following degrees:
- Associate of Science
- Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer Degree
- Complete the steps for new students
- The admissions form will ask you what you plan to study. Since we don't offer a degree or certificate in this subject, you should choose Associate of Arts - Oregon Transfer (AAOT) for now.
- Plan how you'll pay for college
- Plan your transfer
- Meet with an advisor at the Center for Careers in Education to find out about your options for teacher licensure programs and their prerequisites. Call the Center for an appointment at 971-722-5970 or contact Lisa George at 971-722-5628.